Docstrats is currently looking for Junior, Mid-Level and Senior Level Technical Writers to produce high-quality documentation that contributes to the overall success of our projects. You will join a team of highly motivated, talented writers who work collaboratively with other team members to continually drive our projects forward. Responsibilities may include:
- RFP Template Creation
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the documentation requirements
- Analyze existing and potential content
- Create and maintain the information architecture
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience
- Communicate technical messages in a manner multiple levels can understand
- Write easy-to-understand user interface text, online help and developer guides
- Assist in establishing style guidelines and standards for texts and illustrations to meet business needs
- Technical Writing experience
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- Excellent written skills in English
- Experience working with desktop publishing, word processing, spreadsheet, and on-line documentation software
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Basic familiarity with the SDLC and software development
- Must be organized, detail orientated, able to work independently or as part of a team
- Familiarity with project management terminology
- University degree or equivalent experience preferred
Training Lead – NYC
Docstrats is currently looking for a Training Lead to work with our client in a contract to hire role in New York, NY
- Lead technical training role to develop training curriculum and lead training workshops, works closely with our client to provide technical training for their software product to their staff.
- Training will be delivered at the customer’s site in NYC to an individual or a group of people.
- Learn the company’s product, a Property Tax Management System, and turn this knowledge into a teachable curriculum.
- Support the company’s staff by teaching this curriculum to the user so that they may make full use of the software they are installing.
- This role requires a minimum of 7 years of software training experience. Various types of software are acceptable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent training/presentation skills.
- Strong leadership / ability to work independently in a lead role.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience with training tools a plus but not required.
Docstrats is currently looking for a Trainer to document and deliver a technology implementation curriculum in White Plains, NY
The contract duration will be 3-4 months, and the project is scheduled to begin in September-October 2017
- Develop and Implement technology training for an ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) System
- 5 years Experience Documenting and Implementing Technology Training for Adult Learners
- Experience Training in an ERP or HR System
Docstrats is currently looking for a Cognos Developer to work on a project in Boston, MA.
6 Month Contract
- Maintain, update, and create Cognos dashboards
- Report Studio Reports and Transformer cubes
- Effective Communication
- Work independently
- Cognos Report Studio
- Framework Manager
- Transformer Cubes
- Pharma Experience
Technical Writer – Brooklyn, NY
Docstrats is a looking for a Technical Writer for a project in Brooklyn, NY.
The contract duration is 6-36 months, with an option to hire any time after the initial 6 months.
The job description and requirements are as follows:
The Technical Writer’s role is to create technical and user documentation such as process manuals, standard operating procedure documents, user guides, data dictionary, business rules specifications, etc. specific to data profiling and data cleansing activities of LRP. The Technical Writer will understand the various data management methodologies and translate them into plain English language. This documentation will establish a footprint of the data management activities and function as a future reference for data conversion exercise.
Mandatory Skills: Candidate must meet all the requirements below to be considered for the Technical Writer position:
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation, writing, analytical, problem solving, information gathering skills and ability to translate technical aspects into comprehensible documentation. • Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Technical Writer working with project teams in complex system developments and expertise in developing technical documentation for database management systems with focus on version control. • Experience identifying documentation requirements through discussions, observations and comprehension of the various data management activities. • Ability to produce documents, instructional manuals and illustrations in simple English with appropriately minimal technical jargon, fewer instructions, terse and easy to use. • Ability to organize, write and present the written material for multiple audiences • Experience documenting different types of requirements specifications and flow charts. • Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities and work independently with users with minimal oversight. • Proficiency in MS Office (including PowerPoint and Visio, MSPaint, Confluence, Adobe, SharePoint, and SnagIt).
- Experience documenting Mainframe and Distributed systems • Experience documenting Data Dictionary and Business Rules • Understanding Data Management systems and Databases • Experience in Data Modeling • Experience in Pension Systems is a plus.
Assumptions Regarding Consultant Tasks and Deliverables :
The Technical Writer shall develop procedure manuals, user guides, technical synopses and other technical documentation for the Data Management team. The following deliverables shall apply:
- Gathering the documentation requirements • Developing the technical and user Documentation • Create illustrative graphics and multidimensional images for documentation • Documenting configuration standards • Maintain meeting agendas and meeting minutes
Docstrats is currently looking for Training Professional for our Client.
- Primary Work Location: New York City – Manhattan Downtown Start Date/End Date: July 1st/30th September
- Create a training plan.
- Understand JPS application
- Collaborate, brainstorm with Client and recommend approach
- Suggest the training methodologies and training material that can be used in training.
- Create the training plan and work with Client to get their consent on the plan.
- Create Training Material
- Understand JPS application
- Create the training material required for the training and agreed with client.
- Conduct training sessions to provide training to users.
- Create the necessary presentations required for training.
- Conduct the training.
- Design a feedback survey form for training provided.
- Experience in conducting training and preparing training material and finalizing the approach.
- Strong communications skills, ability to network and build relationships
- Strong presentation Skills.
- Experience working as Training professional for 8+ years
- Create a training plan.
Trainer: Oracle Policy Automation
Docstrats is currently looking for an Oracle Policy Automation (OPA) Trainer. Qualified Applicants will have a minimum 3 months experience with the following products: OPA Private Cloud v12, Integration with Legacy, Siebel, IBM BPM and Service Cloud, Java Script for customizing OPA, creation of OPA templates, BI Publisher, OPA hub, Web Services technologies. Contract Position Albany, NY
Docstrats is currently looking for a Java Developer/Architect for one of our clients in Albany, NY.
The initial contract duration is 12 months with an option to renew for multiple years.
The required skills and experience are as follows:
Java Application Development.
A minimum of five years’ experience developing and implementing Java J2SE/EE applications in a production web application.
Java Application Architect.
A minimum of five years’ experience as an Application Architect for a Java J2SE/EE-based production system.
A minimum of one years’ experience in providing development and implementation of the Apache Wicket Java component framework in a production environment.
A minimum of one years’ experience implementing LexisNexis Accurint Instant Authenticate and Verify Software in a Java application in a production environment.
A minimum of one years’ experience in providing web services development in a Java application in a production environment.
Hibernate Object Relational Mapping (ORM).
A minimum of one years’ experience in using a Hibernate ORM tool in Java in a production environment.
A minimum of one years’ experience developing Java applications that connect to an IBM DB2 database in a production environment.